9.19.2011

Aunts

You know those movies and sitcoms with the crazy Aunts who impart wisdom and give advice while simultaneously providing commentary on life and infusing melodramatic situations with comedic relief?

Aunts who are part maternal, part teacher, part friend.

The ones who teach you how to bake a perfect boyfriend, bring people back from the dead, or make a love potion.

Anyone else see Sabrina the Teenage Witch or Practical Magic?


 Why do Aunts always come in pairs?

Yeah. Those ladies rock. Sandra Bullock's character totally wouldn't have been the woman she was (to help her sister, Nicole Kidman, escape and eventually kill, then bring back to life her abusive boyfriend) without those warm, eccentric women.

I have Aunts like that.

Only mine aren't witches.

They are my mother's sisters. And although they didn't raise me (like the Aunts in the movies), they have helped me along the way and I love them dearly.

Aunt Lamar with Mason and Aunt Lynette with Maddox.

They came to visit us this past weekend. Along with one of my uncles as well. I hadn't seen them in almost a year, which is hard to believe. They met Mason for the first time and did lots of playing with Maddox. It was wonderful to catch up. Hopefully it won't be another year before we see them again.

Love you both!

No comments: