7.24.2011

Independance Day 2011

This post has lots of pictures, I apologize in advance.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

I know the Fourth of July was 3 weeks ago, but I finally got around to uploading all of our pictures.
We had so much fun visiting our family. We love being back home, and spending time with everyone. It is always something we look forward to, and miss when we are back in Chicago.

While we were home, we were able to celebrate Uncle Joel's birthday, go bowling, visit Twin Lakes for Maddox's first boat ride, picnic, play in the water, and spend lots of quality time with both families.


Maddox's first trip to the bowling alley. The light wasn't great, so I wasn't able to get many pictures.

Checking out the pins. We had to stop him from running down the lane several times.

Grandma Lark helping Maddox bowl.

Daddy bowling!

The (mo-hawked) Birthday Boy!


Both of Maddox's grandmas had a baby pool ready for him. What a loved little boy.
This is pool time and Grandma and Grandpa Becker's.

We also hooked up the sprinkler, but Maddox wasn't a fan. Which was surprising, because he loves the splash pads that we frequent.


One of Maddox's favorite foods: corn on the cob!


We had a great time at the lake. Maddox played with two little kids who were each holding one of his hands and leading him all around the yard. I wanted to get a picture, but by the time I grabbed my camera, Maddox was tired of that game. He started crying every time they took his hands. I think he was beginning to wonder who the strange kids actually were.
While we were there, we got to spend lots of quality time with Maddox's aunts and uncles.

 Aunt Mandy and Maddox.

 Chowing down on some grapes.

My handsome man!

 This next series, I call "Aunt Allie is Awesome and Uncle Adam is Special".

Someone has been cropped out of this next picture. 
I will give you one guess who.



 Sitting on the picnic table with everyone.


 Uncle Adam and his antics again.


We were excited to take Maddox on his first boat ride. We weren't quite sure how he would react. Would he love it? Would he hate it? Would he try to jump off? Thankfully, he loved it, and he did not try to jump off the boat.

 Waiting for the boat to start.


Enjoying the view (and holding on for dear life).

This is Fun! (and making Mommy nervous).

Riding with Dad.

Is it over already?

We had such a great weekend. I wish we could visit more often, but with Mason's birth right around the corner, it could be a couple months before we are in Iowa again.

I tried to get a picture of everyone, and even though I told myself  that I wanted to get a picture of Maddox with my parents and Matt's parents, it never really happened. It seems like I always get pictures of Maddox, but not of very many other people. So next time I see you, I will be taking your picture!


No comments: