11.16.2009

36 Weeks

I can't believe we are under the 4 week mark, less than a month away. TIme has just flown by lately! It doesn't seem like that long ago that we had our 20 week ultrasound and found out we were having a boy, but it was 16 weeks ago!
I haven't done a pregnancy update for awhile, so here goes:

How far along: 36 Weeks (and 1 Day)
Total Weight Gain: 20ish pounds and holding steady. I haven't really gained much the past few weeks due to less amniotic fluid and my belly growth has slowed. The only thing getting bigger is the baby, and I swear he is burning up all my calories. I can't keep up!
Stretchmarks: Happy to report that I have still avoided them!
Sleep: Good, not great.
Best Moment This Week: Feels good to be in my last month! Also, I scored a ton of baby clothes at local thrift stores this past weekend to fill out our limited supply.
Movement: Good! About 3 to 4 times a day for about 30 minutes off and on. But he is getting big! It is really bizarre sometimes. I can feel movement in more than one location at the same time.
Belly Button: Out.
What I am Looking Forward to: Thanksgiving! I can not wait. I have been counting down the days for months. It is one of my favorite holidays. I can't wait for turkey and pumpkin pie! After we get home from our trip, we will be under two weeks!
Milestones: This week we meet with our midwife to go over our birth plan. Baby could be as big as 7 pounds by now (less than that according to our midwife's predictions). And is pretty much done growing length-wise (maybe a few tenths of an inch more). We are so excited to see his cute little face!

In other news, as of right now I am still working, but will finish up some time this week. It is definitely challenging bending over and the heartburn is a killer! and Matt stretches my legs every night, otherwise I get awful cramps in my calf muscles. Other than that, I am feeling pretty good and am excited that pregnancy really hasn't been too difficult!
This picture is from last week, at 35 Weeks. I am feeling huge these days.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Lindsey,
You look GREAT! Cannot WAIT to meet the little guy. He is going to be such a darling baby boy. I hope the next few weeks go as well as the last 36....it won't be long now! Love you all!

Jamie said...

Almost there! I can't wait to hear your experiences with the midwives. I have never heard of that practice but it sounds really nice!