12.22.2011

Happy Birthday, Birthday Boy.

Happy birthday, big little Maddox.

Two years old. Where has this past year gone? I can so easily remember this day last year. Like it was last week. How is it that you are no longer this baby?

 
I was just recently thinking about the day you were born. Oh my goodness. You were so wonderful. There are no words to express the moment that I first saw your face. It's a feeling only a mother can have. And probably not even every mother. In fact, I would like to think that no one has felt quite like how I felt in that moment.


Just thinking about that moment brings tears to my eyes. I knew so little about you then. We were meeting for the first time. But even though we were strangers, you were already mine and I was already yours. You changed me. From that moment, my heart has not belonged to myself. It has been with you.

In just two short years, you have and grown and changed so much! I do miss holding you and cuddling your chubby little newborn self,



But I love the little person you are becoming! You listen so well, most of the time. You are inquisitive. You are intelligent. You are gentle. You are mild. You are sweet. You are vivacious. You are tenacious. You are loving. You are my favorite little buddy.

You became a big brother this year. And you are awesome. It started off a little rough, but now you are so sweet and kind to little Mason. It makes me so happy to see the love you have for someone who might not offer much in return, but he soon will! You are a wonderful big brother, and I am so proud.


I love you, so very very much. I want you to know that. No matter where you go, or what you do, or who you become, I will always be your biggest fan. 


You mean the world to me little boy. I love you. Always.


Love,

Your Mama

No comments: