8.20.2011

Mason at Two Weeks

 Mason is two weeks old! And quickly approaching three.
It's amazing how in the blink of an eye those first two weeks of life have come and gone. I wish I could slow him down! I just want to freeze these moments of newborn cuddlyness. I want to keep him like this just a little bit longer. There is nothing like having a sweet, new baby to hold and cuddle and love.
But that is not the nature of life. We are ever changing, growing, learning, adapting. Babies don't stay babies. We are always moving forward. That is way I cherish these days. One they are gone, they are gone.
 The past two weeks have been amazing. But there have been some rough moments.

Maddox has been having a hard time. When he isn't receiving the amount of attention he would like, he will lash out at his little brother. At this point, I can't trust him around Mason without constant supervision. He will hit and kick Mason, which he thinks is hilarious. He will lay on top of him, pinch him, and throw toys at him.
There are good moments too, when he will hug and kiss Mason. And actually show an interest in wanting to hold him. I know I need to do a better job balancing both boys. Most days I either wish I could have held Mason more, or spent more time playing with Maddox. It's a bit of a struggle to feel that I gave both of them all the attention they needed. But it will get better!

Mason is doing very well! We had a two week check-up on Monday. He weighs 9lbs 10oz! And is 21in long. He is eating very well, and gained two pounds in 10 days. He is a champ!
 He is a very content little guy. He eats around the clock. He sleeps all day, but usually has three alert periods during the day, in which he will be awake for an hour or two. He is up about every two hours at night.
 He is finally fitting into his 0-3 month clothing and wearing size 1 diapers. He is also very very strong! He hols his head up for several seconds, he can almost roll himself over, and when he is on his belly he can definitely push himself around.  I have a feeling that he is going to keep me busy!
I adore this second son of mine. His sweet, high-pitched hiccups, sneezes, coos, and grunts melt my heart. I am so glad that he is part of our family.
And I know that it will only be a matter of time before these two are best friends.



No comments: