8.30.2009

25 Weeks!

I can not believe that I am at the 25 week mark already! I am embarking on my 26th week today, and it feels like only a few weeks ago that we found out we were expecting (which was at about 6 or 7 weeks). Starting at 28 weeks, we will be going to the doctor every two weeks! So that milestone is coming up pretty quick! We have a doctor's appointment this week, which I am looking forward to. Hopefully I will test negative for gestational diabetes! I have been feeling pretty good, so I am not too worried. But I do tend to get a little lightheaded when I haven't eaten, so I am hoping that it is still just a normal symptom.

We bought a changing table this week! My Grandma and Grandpa sent some money to buy something for Baby Boy, and that was towards the top of my list! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! It definitely helped us out a lot. Next we need a dresser, but I am fairly sure that either my parents or Matt's parents have a spare. So we should be pretty well set as far as furnishing Junior's room.

Anyways, here is our update from the week!

How far along: 25 weeks
Total Weight Gain: About 6 pounds.
Stretchmarks: None yet!
Sleep: Good, but it is getting harder to turn from one side to the other. I often wake up with cramps in my sides.
Best Moment This Week: I bought letters and ribbons at Joanne's to hang Baby's name on the wall above his crib. So I guess that means that his name is pretty set in stone!
Movement: More than ever! I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night for the first time because of all of his movement.
Gender: They say that if it is a boy on the ultrasound, it will stay a boy. But sometimes girls can "turn into" boys. So still a boy!
Labor Signs: I am pretty sure I have had some really mild contractions. Not that often though.
Belly Button: Still in, but getting closer to being flush with the rest of my tummy.
What I Miss: Not having to go to the bathroom every hour!
What I am Looking Forward to: Our doctor's appointment. Also, the end of this week marks the safe zone for birth. If he were to be born after this week, although he would need to be in the NICU, he would have a 90% chance of survival! So thats a big milestone I am looking forward to reaching!
Milestones: This week his little nostrils opened up! So now he is "breathing" the amniotic fluid, which leads to lots of bouts of hiccups!


I had just eaten a pretty big meal, that always makes me look a little bigger! I swear I don't look quite this big yet.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow, you have really bloomed. I'm so gald your are still feeling good and enjoying prenancy. It does go by quickly so try to savor every moment. Love you all!

Jamie said...

Yea for picking out a baby name, can't wait to hear what it is when the big day comes!!

The bathroom thing gets a little better but than worse again near the end.