4.15.2012

8 Months of Mase

My baby is 8 months old. 8 months people! That means I have actually started thinking about his first birthday party. How is that possible? Every day he does something new, and I think to myself "How can you be doing that?? You are just a wee little baby!" But sure enough, he is growing and changing!


He has really become a mama's boy, and I mean that in the most loving way. He is more attached to me than Maddox was at this age. Of course all babies, especially stay-at-home, breastfed babies who are more dependent on mama than other, more independent types, have attachments to their mamas. But Mason is less independent than Maddox. Maddox was always an explorer. Mason is an explorer too, but he always finds his way back to me. If I leave the room, he always follows me immediately, whereas Maddox was more content to be by himself for a time. If someone else is holding him, he looks for me. If I am holding another baby, he gets a little bit jealous. When I sit down on the floor, he is by my side as quick as his little hands and knees can carry him. Even when Matt picks him up, he pushes himself away from Matt towards mama. It's kinda nice. I know it won't be this way for long, so I am soaking it up as much I can.


He has 4 teeth! His top ones came in around 7 months.

He loves to grind his teeth. When he first got his top teeth in we would hear this little noise coming from his mouth and look over to see his little jaw clenched. He doesn't do it as much now, but it's still pretty cute.


He is going through a phase of being more scared. he is more aware of things going on around him, and sometimes he is unsure how to react. Note: he does not like it when Mommy or Daddy pretend to be scared.

Which reminds me: he has the cutest sad face in the entire world. It will break your heart, melt your heart and make you chuckle all at the same time.

He and Maddox are really becoming best buds. Maddox looks for Mason when he is sleeping. He shares toys with Mason (most of the time), he loves to share his bath with Mason. Maddox calls him "Ason", and it was the first name other than "mama" and "dada" that he said.

He's a cruiser! He can walk while holding onto furniture etc.


He started clapping this week!

When Matt puts him on his shoulders, he always holds his ears. So cute.

He loves to drop things, over and over.




He furrows his eyebrows when he is concentrating. Love it.


His hair is filling in! except for the front portion . . .


Still has his little stork bite on the back of his neck. Just like his mama and his older brother. And a couple of his uncles. And his grandpa.


We have started giving him sippy cups of water.


He weighs around 21 pounds.

Wearing 12 month clothes.

Everywhere we go, people are always telling us how happy of a boy he is. It's the truth. He is the most joyful little guy.


I am so blessed that this little boy is mine. My goodness, I love him. More dearly than I could ever express. You are perfect sweet boy!

No comments: