1.10.2012

Mason at 5 Months

Mason is just over 5 months old. He is still sweet and smiley, but now he is getting pretty wild! I can already see a strong will and a tenacious little spirit within him! Love him so much.


He weighs right around 19lbs.


He has found his feet!

He is starting to laugh at Maddox and interact with him more!



We started solids on the day he turned 5 months. We started with pureed avacados, and have also tried peas. He is liking them so far, but definitely still learning. A lot of it comes back out and he loses interest after a few bites. My plan right now is just to offer him some purees once or twice a day so to get him accustomed to the new textures. Hopefully by 6 or 7 months he will actually be able to eat one meal of solid foods a day. *UPDATE* I pureed some cantaloupe with bananas the other night, and he was loving it!


Has a funny, hoarse little chuckle. It's so cute! I need to get it on video. Lately, he laughs when I talk to him in as high of a pitch as I can manage. Gets him every time.

He has also started shrieking when he is really excited.

He's a rolling machine! Ever since he rolled over almost a month go, he has been on the move.


He pushes himself backwards across the room, and is just starting to be able to creep towards a toy that's out of reach. He can even get up on all fours already. He will be crawling in no time! I wish I could slow him down! But there is just no stopping this little boy. He's a beast (according to Matt).

He is a very excitable little boy. I have to be careful not to engage him when I feed him in the middle of the night now, otherwise he thinks it's play time.


Just moved him out of our bed and into his own room. He is more active at night now, and more easily disturbed. He had a few nights where he woke up to eat, but didn't want to go back to sleep because he was happy to see me. He would be awake for 45 minutes or so sometimes more than once during the night. So we decided that it was time for him to have his own sleeping space. It has been really hard on me, but he is already sleeping much better than he ever has.


He is wearing size 6-12 months clothes and size 3 diapers.

Is napping pretty regularly now. He will take 2-3 naps a day, depending on how long they last.


I am sure he is doing so much more than I mentioned, but it's hard to keep up with him! He is at such a fun age right now, I am loving it. It's hard to believe he is coming up on that half a year mark pretty soon. It just goes too fast.

No comments: