9.17.2009

Doctor's Appointment 09/02/09

I had an appointment a couple weeks ago, I was waiting for my glucose test results before writing about it, but I still haven't heard from the lab, so I am taking that as a good sign.

The morning of my appointment I had to refrain from eating or drinking anything. When I got to the office, I immediately had to drink a sugar drink that tasted like super sweet, flat orange soda. It wasn't too bad, but it did make my throat burn a little bit.

We saw the Doc, he measured my abdomen (growth is right on track) and listened to Junior's heartbeat, which was has dropped to 138. 138 is in the "boy range" according to old wives' tales. So I am curious to see if it stays that low, which I am thinking that it will.

Dr. Friedell didn't mention anything about weight gain, so I think he must have been satisfied with my progress. I have gained about 12 - 13 pounds now.

After I saw the doctor, they drew my blood for the glucose test (I had to wait an hour after drinking the orange goop to give my body time to process it before they could draw blood). Since I haven't heard anything and it has been two weeks, I am assuming I am in the clear.

My next doctor's appointment is at 30 weeks, then 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40. The next four appointments I will be rotating through all the physicians at the practice, in case Dr. Friedell is unavailable when I go into labor, and I end up having to be delivered by another doctor.

No comments: