1.04.2012

A Toy Story 2nd Birthday

Maddox has been a fan of the Toy Story movies lately, so for his second birthday, I used that as the theme. Poor kiddo will always have a birthday overshadowed by Christmas, so I have to do something to make it special.

Birthday Banner



 Table of Goodies


Potato Head Cakes (and centerpieces)

 Alien Cupcakes!


I dressed Maddox up like Woody as closely as I could. Brown cowboy hat, red handkerchief, yellow flannel shirt, and jeans. He also intermittently wore a tasseled vest that Matt and his brother Adam wore as kids.


I had cowboy hats for the rest of the guests, but no really took to that idea. Except Uncle Joel. I can always count on him to make it a party.


Mason too, of course. But he didn't really have a choice in the matter.


Maddox got lots of fun gifts.



Including a Woody doll of his very own.



Little brother had a grand old time being cuddled the whole night. He's pretty irresistible.



 Midway through the party, he was all tuckered out.


We had a potato head relay. I don't know if it was technically a "relay" but that's what we called it.


Two people at a time would assemble their potato, while blinfolded, in a set amount of time. Whoever had the most complete/correct potato, won. We did a few heats, and then had a semi-final and chamionship round. Uncle Adam was the champ.

Aunt Mandy came, and we got to see her bump.


Little cousin Bo should be here in just a few more months. We are so excited!


We snapped a quick family pic. It wasn't until later that I realized our black cowboy hats read more like pirate hats. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.



All things considered, I think it was a pretty great night. Maddox had fun, and that is really all that matters to me.


No comments: